Patron Behavior Policy
The Audubon Regional Library is a public agency providing materials and services to the public in an atmosphere that allows research, study and use of library materials and services without disruption.
The purpose of the Patron Behavior Policy is to provide guidelines for behavior to protect the rights and safety of library patrons and staff, and to preserve and protect library materials, facilities and property. These guidelines shall apply to all buildings and the bookmobile serving the Audubon Regional Library, and to all persons entering Library premises. Violation of the following rules of behavior may result in eviction from the Library and the temporary or permanent suspension of library privileges.
Guidelines for behavior are as follows:
- Shoes and shirts must be worn in all library facilities.
- Book bags and large closed bags are not allowed in the library. They may be left at the circulation desk as long as they do not interfere with the free passage of library patrons or staff. The Library is not responsible for their contents.
- No eating or drinking in the Library, except as part of Library functions.
- Tobacco products cannot be used in the library.
- Cell phones are not to be used in the library.
- Electronic devices may only be used with earphones at a volume level that cannot be heard by other patrons or staff.
- Only one person may use a computer at a time.
- Physical, verbal or sexual harassment of library patrons or staff will not be tolerated.
- Loud, abusive or vulgar language that is disturbing to patrons or staff will not be tolerated.
- Disorderly conduct or disruptive behavior, excessive or disruptive conversations, loud talking or the creation of other loud noise are not permitted in the library.
- Thievery, vandalism and fighting will be reported to the police and will be prosecuted.
- Persons appearing to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be required to leave.
- Exhibitionism (indecent exposure) and voyeurism (peeping) and crimes of obscenity as defined by Louisiana Revised Statute 14:106 are forbidden and will be reported to the police.
- No guns, knives, or weapons are permitted on library premises.
- Gambling is not permitted in library facilities or on the library computers.
- Soliciting, panhandling and proselytizing will not be permitted.
- Moving furniture, sitting on tables and putting feet on furniture is not permitted.
- Sleeping is not permitted in the library.
- Inappropriate display of affection, including any physical contact, is not permitted.
- Running, exercising and lying on the floor are not permitted.