Laptop Checkout Policy
- Laptop borrowers must be over the age of 18.
- Laptop borrowers must be cardholders of the Library.
- Laptop borrowers must have a cardholder record in good standing (i.e., no overdue books, no outstanding fines).
- Laptop borrowers must agree to the terms of checkout by signing a Library Laptop Checkout Agreement.
- Laptop borrowers must present a valid Library card and a valid driver’s license or other valid identification card at the time of checkout.
- Laptop borrowers bear the responsibility for damage to the laptop due to neglect, abuse, loss, or physical damage.
- Laptop borrowers wishing to save files that they have created must save them to a disk, USB drive, etc. Any documents saved on the laptop will be lost when the laptop is shutdown.
- Laptops shall not be put in the book drop or overnight drop box. They must be returned to a staff member who will check to make sure all items are returned intact.
- If laptops are lost, damaged, or stolen, borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost ($1,000) of the laptop plus any accrued overdue fines.
- If a laptop bag is lost, a charge of $45 will occur. If an AC Adapter/Power Cord is lost, a charge of $75 will occur.
- Laptops may not be used for any illegal purposes.
- If laptops are not returned on time, a fine of $10 per day will be assessed.
- Laptops must be returned to the library on the due date at least 30 minutes before closing.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- Each borrower may only checkout one (1) laptop at a time.
- Laptops will be checked out for a period of three (3) days.
- Laptops are not renewable.
- Laptop borrowers must provide their own accessories (e.g., mouse, headphones, disk, and/or USB drive.) The use of the accessories must not require the installation of any software on the laptop.
- Laptops can connect to the internet utilizing wireless access points at home or anywhere free or paid wireless access is available.
- Laptop borrowers may not install any software on the laptops.
- Laptop borrowers may not alter, delete, or copy any software loaded on the laptop, or otherwise change its existing software or hardware configuration.